Apart from their great nutrition profile buddha bowls are a great way to include a variety of nutrients into a meal. Whether you can’t get yourself to cook or happen to have quite some leftovers, these also make a perfectly convenient option. This following recipe takes a Middle Eastern twist on the classic, and hopefully inspires you for your next buddha bowls assemble 😉
- Salad bed (I used iceberg yet use whatever you have on hand)
- Vegetables (I used radish, tomatoes & cucumber)
- Start by choosing the bowl you would like to serve your meal in.
- The first step is to prepare the lettuce base. If desired, you may choose to dress it at this stage. Additionally, you can chop and mix in the vegetables of your choice.
- After preparing the tabbouleh salad and falafels, place a serving of each over your salad base (I did about 1/2 cup of tabbouleh and 3 falafels, however, adjust the quantities to suit your needs/desires).
- Top this with a spoonful (or two 😉 of hummus as well as a handful of fresh parsley and/or cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!